Traced back to the 18th century, the Talken family later emigrated from the town of Gross Hesepe in the Emsland region of Lower Saxony to the United States between 1835 and 1846.
The following generations are available for research:
- Second Generation – Wilhelm Talken and Anna Catharina Felthaus
- Third Generation – Johan Albert Talken and Anna Maria Kläne
- Fourth Generation – Gerhard Wilhelm Talken and Euphemia Catharina Wehkamp
- Fifth Generation – Gerhard Herman Talken and Gertrude Hagenhoff
- Sixth Generation – Henry Talken and Elizabeth Reichel
- Seventh Generation – Maria Magdalena Gertrude Talken and Gerhard August Mebruer Sr.