Traced back to the 18th century in the small town of Glehn, about six miles southwest of Neuss in the Rheinland. This region later became known as the North Rhine – Westphalia state of Germany. Later generations of the Struempf family emigrated from the Angermund borough of Dusseldorf, Rheinland (Nordrhein-Westfalen) to the United States on June 5, 1840, having departed from a harbor in the state of Bremen and landing in New Orleans, Louisiana aboard the Johan Georg passenger ship.
The following generations are available for research:
- First Generation – Joannis Struempf and Joanna Moesgens
- Second Generation – Adolph Struempf and Catherina Elisabetha Blomenkamp
- Third Generation – Johan Theodor Wilhelm Struempf and Anna Elisabetha Battenstein
- Fourth Generation – Jacob Peter Struempf and Barbara Fick
- Fifth Generation – George Struempf and Franziska Anna Krieg
- Sixth Generation – Louise Barbara Struempf and Henry Elias Bexten