The Struempf family can be traced back to the 18th century in the small town of Glehn, about six miles of Neuss in the Rheinland. This town was eventually incorporated into the larger town of Korschenbroich in the region known as the North Rhine – Westphalia state of Germany. At some point the family moved and their proceeding generation emigrated from the Angermund borough of Dusseldorf, Rheinland (Nordrhein-Westfalen) to the United States on June 5, 1840, having departed from a harbor in the state of Bremen and landing in New Orleans, Louisiana aboard the Johan Georg passenger ship.
The following generations are available for research:
- First Generation – Joannis Struempf and Joanna Moesgens
- Second Generation – Adolph Struempf and Catherina Elisabetha Blomenkamp
- Third Generation – Johan Theodor Wilhelm Struempf and Anna Elisabetha Battenstein
- Fourth Generation – Jacob Peter Struempf and Barbara Fick
- Fifth Generation – George Struempf and Franziska Anna Krieg
- Sixth Generation – Louise Barbara Struempf and Henry Elias Bexten