Traced back to the 18th century in the town of Liesborn, part of what is now the district of Warendorf, North Rhine – Westphalia, the Bexten family later immigrated to the United States in 1846.
The following generations are available for research:
- Third Generation – Stephan Schulze Bexten and Unknown
- Fourth Generation – Johan Heinrich Bexten and Margareth Elisabeth Kleine
- Fifth Generation – Joseph Bexten and Julia Maria Bogler
- Sixth Generation – Henry Elias Bexten and Louise Barbara Struempf
- Seventh Generation – Stephen Anton Bexten Gertrude Catherine Brendel