Traced back to the 18th century in the village of Liesborn. Though the town no longer exists today, remnants remain behind in what is now the municipality of Wadersloh. A good example is the old Liesborn Abbey, represented in the above old coat of arms, it is now converted into a museum, located in the greater district of Warendorf, North Rhine – Westphalia. The Bexten family later immigrated to the United States in 1846.
The following generations are available for research:
- Third Generation – Stephan Schulze Bexten and Unknown
- Fourth Generation – Johan Heinrich Bexten and Margareth Elisabeth Kleine
- Fifth Generation – Joseph Bexten and Julia Maria Bogler
- Sixth Generation – Henry Elias Bexten and Louise Barbara Struempf
- Seventh Generation – Stephen Anton Bexten Gertrude Catherine Brendel